S.J. (Jim) Gaston, FCPA, FCA
Jim Gaston, as a member of the Neverest team, delivers customized training for individuals within corporations, the public sector and professional institutes, covering a variety of disciplines, including finance, risk management and internal audit.
Jim is a retired partner from PricewaterhouseCoopers with twenty-five successful years including the following diverse experience:
- Audit partner on engagements for major companies listed on the TSX
- Head of audit methodology for Canada
- Global service line lead for the information systems risk management practice
- Leader of internal audit services for Canada
- Expertise in corporate governance
- Responsible for all continuing education for professional staff in all disciplines
- Territory leader the Balkans, focused on serving a broad range of needs for small – medium size clients
Jim has authored several books for management published by CPA Canada on a variety of subjects ranging from internal audit through risk management and books on how to manage information technology.
Jim’s current activities include carrying out corporate governance and due diligence reviews for the Ontario Government and inclusion in a panel of experts appointed through the Ontario Securities Commission to evaluate the corporate governance practices of one of Canada’s largest public companies.
Jim developed the internal audit methodology for Protiviti, an internal audit and risk management company. In addition, he supported training courses and carried out quality assurance reviews ensuring appropriate implementation of the methodology.
His professional activities include having been Chairman of the Professional Development Committee for CPA Canada. In addition, Jim is a past Executive Vice President of the National Ballet of Canada, responsible for all financial matters. Jim has audited numerous Not for Profit organizations and charities in Canada and Europe including the Red Cross and Plan.